VOLUNTEER AND BOARD POSITIONS
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY :: BOARD AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
She’s in Power is working to close the clean energy gender gap and we need your help! Here’s how you can become a volunteer and help create opportunities for empowered female leadership in the clean energy sector:
She’s in Power Board Members provide foresight, insight and oversight to the nonprofit:
- Research, volunteering, fundraising and networking
- Monthly board meetings and committee participation
- Average 3 to 8 hours monthly
Steering Committee Members focus on and address important, task-based issues:
- Governance and fiscal management
- Fundraising and recruitment
- Marketing and outreach
- Implement new and existing initiatives like She’s in Power
- Average of 3 hours monthly
Interested in getting involved? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
> > >
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY :: MARKETING AND ONLINE / SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Status: Part-time volunteer internship (5 to 10 hours per week)
Contact: Dawn Putney, She’s in Power board member email@example.com
She’s in Power is looking for a self-motivated college student who is interested in marketing and online/social media strategy and looking to expand work experience as an intern at a small but mighty nonprofit for women in Colorado’s clean energy workforce.
SiP’s marketing and online/social media intern will be instrumental in increasing SiP’s online and social media presence and helping us align marketing and outreach effort. Because the marketing intern’s job is not a full-time position, we are looking for someone who can juggle marketing and social media with outreach efforts.
The internship is a partnership with Toolbox Creative, one of SiP’s supporters and super fans. Dawn Putney, CEO of Toolbox, serves on the She’s in Power board of directors.
You are the right person if you are:
1 – Mad about marketing
This is a great opportunity for anyone planning to begin a career in marketing. An affinity for content creation, an understanding of social media and a member-service orientation are the foundation of a strong marketing intern candidate.
2 – Seriously interested in social media
You check your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts regularly, and would happily spend all day learning more about HootSuite and LinkedIn
Required: You know the difference between Facebooking for fun and for business, you are an active Twitterer and you have accounts on more than one social network.
3 – Creative thinker, content developer and problem solver.|
Bonus points: If you can be creative under pressure.
About the internship:
This role is wide-ranging, and it is up to you to ensure it’s never dull. It will include:
We are looking for a marketing and social media intern who can help drive She’s in Power’s social media strategy and partner with the all-volunteer board and committees to build a solid content marketing strategy and create our Women in Clean Energy Stories initiative. You’ll be the primary lead on all social media accounts: LinkedIn Group, Facebook and Instagram. As part of the online efforts, you’ll also help manage our MailChimp account and content on www.ShesInPower.org. You will work Meta Business Suite, to schedule, analyze, and optimize SiP’s social presence; and WordPress to maintain the website. Your social listening skills will be put to the test as you identify influencers to partner with and inform future outreach campaigns.
You have a good idea of how social media can help grow an organization and are excited to dig in and geek out on the newest trends and strategies across every channel. You love experimenting, failing fast, and aim to educate CoC3E’s followers with the best content available, while building our online presence and audience.
- Build a quarterly social media plan that aligns with overall outreach and organizational goals and event announcements
- Create, curate, and schedule social and online content to support SiP’s thought leadership, messaging content, and culture, with an emphasis on promoting women in clean energy
- Facilitate online conversations and opportunities to connect with key audiences and influencers
- Identify key topics via social listening to support curated content sharing, SIP event outreach and reviews, and overall awareness of SiP
- Own our influencer strategy of identifying, connecting with, and sharing relevant messaging to broaden the SiP’s reach and partnership efforts while building our Women in Clean Energy Stories platform
- Report on social metrics and key performance indicators monthly
- Act as moderator and manager of the She’s In Power LinkedIn and Women in Clean Energy community
- Grow online advocacy by curating social messaging within Meta Business Suite and LinkedIn
- Help manage the MailChimp account and databases and create emails for distribution to our networks
- Update website content as required, including overseeing the Women in Clean Energy Stories portal
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest in social media and online marketing, any experience or desire to learn is welcome
- Demonstrated content creation skills, including the ability to write for multiple social and online channels
- Creative approach to social media and online content strategy
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives and deliver on time
We’d Also Love:
- Experience with Meta Business Suite, Google Analytic sand MailChimp
- Image production and editing experience
- Adobe Suite experience (bonus points!)
You are also required to have:
- Stellar problem-solving skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent English proficiency, great enthusiasm for learning, a responsible and conscientious personality, and a high level of adaptability (in a boutique agency, things are changing all the time).
Skills to be developed:
We view each internship as a learning opportunity for us and you. We’ll work with you to:
- Enhance written and oral communication skills
- Enhance computer and social media skills
- Learn about practical online marketing strategies
- Learn basics about the marketing business and how innovative tech businesses run
- Gain real world knowledge of working with clients and managing accounts