NOW HIRING: FULL TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
She’s in Power, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in Larimer County, Colorado that is designed to grow and inspire the women who will be tomorrow’s clean energy leaders. Innovating a more sustainable community today. Developing the diverse clean energy workforce of tomorrow.
She’s in Power pairs the best and brightest in clean energy today with the young women who will shape the clean energy economy’s future through hands-on learning projects.
Teams made up of volunteer mentees (Sparks), mentors (Energizers) and community partners develop and deploy hands-on independent Power Projects, each working to measurably reduce greenhouse gases in Northern Colorado and beyond.
The Executive Director position is an exciting opportunity to join and directly influence an amazing organization and community.
With the support of the She’s in Power team, the Executive Director is directly responsible for the overall operation of She’s in Power. This includes organizational culture; vision and mission adherence; staff development and retention; strong and positive relations with the mentoring program, its students, partners, and community; donor contact and appreciation; major gift acquisition; financial management; grant procurement; board development; and ethical leadership and direction for the staff and board. The Executive Director serves as the spokesperson of She’s in Power at all times. This position requires a person with contagious energy, able to motivate and inspire staff and the community. The Executive Director will supervise one direct report and reports directly to She’s in Power Executive Committee / Board President.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 – $85,000
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
- Accrued paid time off
- Life insurance policy
- Professional development opportunities
- She’s in Power provides an incredible work environment and culture surrounded by passionate and invested team members who value the mission of the organization and its role in the community.
- She’s in Power maintains and supports a healthy work-life balance for its employees.
- WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week, days and schedules may vary
LOCATION: Fort Collins, CO (or in northern Colorado). No moving or relocation expenses will be covered.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Broad Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain a team culture focused on communication and teamwork.
- Develop and maintain community relations, attend and speak at events, support fundraising efforts, and inspire community members to support She’s in Power.
- Collaborate with and maintain active roles with community agencies with parallel or similar goals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and future donors and fundraising efforts.
- Identify and oversee grant and proposal writing, providing support as needed.
- Develop and implement annual budgets and oversee the management and documentation of agency finances.
- Develop and maintain a successful working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Must have spent five or more years in a leadership role.
- Must have a leadership style commensurate with the desired culture and future growth vision of She’s in Power.
- Must be a gifted communicator in interactions with everyone from program participants to major community donors with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent phone, video, and in-person communication skills including team building and conflict resolution.
- Must have an advocate spirit and be inspirational when communicating about future needs of the organization.
- Must pass a thorough background check.
- Prefer fundraising experience.
- Prefer visionary planning and change management experience.
- Prefer established networks in energy and clean energy space, with a passion for sustainability and clean energy.
- Prefer budgeting and reporting experience including filing a 990-tax form, State of Colorado Good Standing, and registration reporting requirements.
- Contagious energy with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Flexibility to successfully work with teams to accomplish strategic goals.
- Ethical leadership.
- Preference for operating autonomously and driving your own workload.
Inclusion and Diversity Statement
Our mission and vision are intended to serve all genders that identify as predominantly female on the sex spectrum, including transgender, nonbinary, gender fluid, transgender, cisgender, and genderqueer individuals. In pursuit of our mission and vision we invite inclusive, equitable participation and collaboration across the sex spectrum and gender identities, including male allies of our mission and vision.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of this position. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice with direction from She’s in Power.
REPORTS TO: She’s in Power Board of Directors/Board President
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: She’s in Power provides opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, status as an officer or enlisted members of the military forces, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, marriage to a co-worker, hairstyle historically associated with race, or any other protected characteristic applicable under federal, state, and local laws.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT: All employment with She’s in Power is voluntary and is subject to termination by you or She’s in Power at-will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. There is no guarantee, in any manner, that She’s in Power will continue your employment for any set period of time.