You’ve got the power
We are recruiting Energizers for January 2023. Apply now!
Application deadline: December 31, 2022.
The Mentoring Program will start the week of January 23, 2023.
Meeting our community’s energy needs sustainably is an all-hands-on-deck, technical challenge. Yet only 26% of U.S. technology jobs are held by women. The She’s in Power program helps close the gap with hands-on, projects and mentorship. We can’t do it without experienced people like you to guide the next generation!
The She’s in Power Mentoring Program matches young women in Northern Colorado who want to pursue a career in clean energy with a hands-on project and a professional mentor for 6 months.
Energizers are clean energy professionals (we welcome men and women to apply) who want to impart knowledge and opportunities for growth to younger emerging female professionals in the clean energy sector.
Mentoring is a partnership based on open communications and productive and proactive interactions. We follow the 3Cs of effective mentorship – Clarity, Communication, Commitment!
- We welcome men and women to apply to be an Energizer!
- You can be located anywhere and work with your Spark virtually although we have a preference for Colorado-based professionals at this time since our Sparks and Projects are in Northern Colorado and we would prefer in person opportunities.
- If you have over 5 years experience in the clean energy and related industries, and are interested in sharing your knowledge and experience with an emerging professional, please consider applying.
How can you benefit by participating?
- Impact a young woman’s life – support your Spark’s growth and success with their Power Project
- Learn how to be an effective mentor through our training and support
- Be part of a community of women for women in the industry
- Grow your network
- Develop your leadership skills
- Help bridge the gender gap of women in clean energy
Energizers commit to:
- A six month program with starts dates in January, May and August.
- Participating in Mentor training and program orientation (approximately 4 hours over 2 days).
- Participating in kick-off and wrap-up meetings and celebrations with the Power Partner and Spark.
- Conducting monthly mentoring sessions with your Spark that focus on professional development topics including career pathways, education and training, networking, resume and personal marketing, navigating obstacles in the workplace, and understanding workplace culture. Mentor training will provide you with guidance.
- Participating in She’s in Power networking events to connect Sparks and Energizers, as much as your schedule will allow.
- Completing end-of-program report and evaluation.
Note: meetings, trainings, networking events and mentoring sessions may be in person or virtual,
Yes! I’d like to apply to be a She’s in Power Energizer for January 2023!
We suggest you read the Program Information Package before applying to become more familiar with the program. It will take approximately 5 minutes to read.
This application will take approximately 20 – 30 minutes to complete. You do not need to provide attachments or documentation.
Deadline: December 31, 2022
She’s in Power will review Energizer applications and inform applicants by January 6, 2022. The Mentoring Program will start the week of January 23, 2023.
"*" indicates required fields