You’ve got the power. Power Projects roll out in January 2023!
The She’s in Power Mentoring Program matches young women in Northern Colorado who want to pursue a career in clean energy with a hands-on project and a professional mentor.
Power Partners are Northern Colorado-based companies or organizations that can offer a hands-on project and a supervisor for our Sparks to gain experience. To provide greater access to opportunities to diverse young women, most of our projects provide compensation to the Sparks.
She’s in Power offers two types of Power Projects for our Sparks:
- Projects intended to help meet college student degree requirements. These projects could last from 4 weeks to 4 months and are volunteer (unpaid). They are often based in the community or on campus. The projects align with degree requirements outlined below or could provide other educational opportunities. The student will help determine if your project could align with their requirements.
Examples of course requirements may include: Senior design, upper level mechanical engineering courses, Master’s degree projects or Capstone project.
- Projects with Employers / Organizations. These projects are housed with companies or organizations in the Northern Colorado community and are paid positions with the company.
Examples of past Power Projects include:
- Catalyzing clean energy projects with solar installations and solar modeling
- Evaluating electric vehicle infrastructure and cost structures
- Generating clean energy awareness through community outreach and education
- Increasing energy efficiency with advanced energy technologies and assessment
How can your group benefit by participating?
- Make a measurable positive impact in your community
- Identify new talent
- Build your company’s capacity
- Support training of the next generation of leaders
- Promote workforce development by providing real-world learning opportunities
- Help bridge the gender gap of women in clean energy
Power Partners commit to:
- Offering a project that can last from 6 weeks to 6 months
- Compensation for the Spark similar to that of an intern – if your company does not have a budget to support a Spark, reach out and we can discuss
- Providing a supervisor to oversee the project and participate in She’s in Power meetings, trainings and evaluation process (approximately 2 -3 hours / month)
Our program offers three cohorts with start dates in January, May and August.
Become a Power Partner
To submit your Power Project, complete the below form by November 18, 2022. The program will launch in January, 2023. Your project can run for any time period during January – June, 2023.
Questions? [email protected]
Yes! I’d like to propose a Power Project.
"*" indicates required fields