You’ve got the power
She’s in Power Mentoring Program kicks off January 2023. Apply now!
December 31, 2022; We have several projects that are still available in need of a Spark! It could be you!
The Mentoring Program will start the week of January 23, 2023.
Are you college-age, identify as female, and want to create a more sustainable future through clean energy?
The She’s in Power Mentoring Program matches young women (Sparks) and those who identify as female with: 1. a hands-on project and 2. a professional mentor (Energizer) for 6 months in Northern Colorado. We offer three start dates: January, May and August.
We offer two types of projects:
- Projects that support your college degree requirements; typically these projects are unpaid and allow you to meet your course or degree requirements, such as independent study, a class project or capstone. Review our current projects to see what interests you and may align with your area of study. You can develop the scope of this project with your professor or advisor and the project lead.
- Projects with community employers and organizations; paid opportunities that provide you with hands-on experience from 6 weeks to 6 months.
We have a strong track record of success with our projects!
How can you benefit by participating?
- Implement real clean energy projects with measurable impact
- Build connections and gain insights from experienced professionals in the clean energy industry
- Kickstart your career with our professional mentors
- Increase your confidence
- Expand your technical skills
- Build your resume with a credible, reputable program
- Earn income for your work while gaining experience
- Be awarded a financial incentive for successfully completing our program!
Criteria for applying:
- Over 18 years old
- Identify as a female
- Located in Northern Colorado (or in the area that the project requires)
- Interested in the clean energy sector
- Solving the climate crisis requires diverse skills and talents. You do not have to be in school! You do not have to be studying Engineering!
- Whether you’re studying liberal arts or business, opted to not go to school, or ready to pursue some new interests, consider applying!
- We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates!
- Interested in being mentored
- Available for the program timeframe and able to meet the program commitments
- A six month program with starts dates in January, May and August.
- Participate in training and orientation at beginning of the program (approximately a 4 hour commitment)
- Attend project kick-off and wrap-up meetings and celebrations with your Power Partner and Energizer
- Engage in mentoring sessions (once to twice a month) with your Energizer. Mentoring sessions focus on professional development topics including career pathways, education and training, networking, resume and personal marketing, navigating obstacles in the workplace, and understanding workplace culture.
- Participate in SiP networking events to meet other Sparks and Energizers
- Complete program reports and evaluations
Note: meetings, trainings, networking events and mentoring sessions may be in person or virtual.
Ready to be a Spark?
Applications are now open for our January 2023 cohort of Sparks!
Apply now! Questions? [email protected]
Yes! I’m ready to apply to be a Spark for January 2023!
We suggest you read the Program Information Package before applying to become more familiar with the program. It will take approximately 5 minutes to read. In the application, you will also need to identify which Power Projects you are most interested in.
This application will take approximately 20 – 30 minutes to complete. You do not need to provide attachments or documentation.
"*" indicates required fields