You’ve got the power!
She’s in Power’s Spring Program is open!
Program dates: mid January – May, 2024
Application deadline: December 31, 2023
Are you over 18 years old, identify as female, and want to create a more sustainable future through clean energy?
The She’s in Power Power Up Program matches emerging professional women (Sparks) with a hands-on work experience (Power Project) and a professional mentor (Energizer) while providing professional development and community building opportunities in a cohort experience.
We offer three cohorts through the year: (1) January – May, (2) May – August and (3) August – December.
Power Projects are hosted by community employers and organizations; these are paid opportunities that provide you with meaningful and relevant experience. Read more about the Power Projects that are currently available.
We have a strong track record of success with our projects — many lead to ongoing project work or employment.
How can you benefit by participating?
- Implement real clean energy projects with measurable impact
- Build connections and gain insights from experienced professionals in the clean energy industry
- Kickstart your career with our professional mentors
- Increase your confidence
- Expand your technical skills
- Build your resume with a credible, reputable program
- Earn income for your work while gaining experience
Criteria for applying | Are you:
- Over 18 years old
- Identify as a female
- Located in Colorado
- Interested in the clean energy sector
- Interested in being mentored
- Available for the program timeframe and able to meet the program commitments
Solving the climate crisis requires diverse skills and talents. You do not have to be a student. You do not have to be studying engineering. Whether you’re studying liberal arts or business, opted to not go to school, or ready to pursue new interests, consider applying. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates.
- A 4-5 month program with starts dates in January, May and August.
- Participate in training and orientation at beginning of the program (approximately a 4 hour commitment)
- Attend project kick-off and wrap-up meetings and celebrations with your Power Partner and Energizer
- Engage in mentoring sessions (once to twice a month) with your Energizer. Mentoring sessions focus on professional development topics including career pathways, education and training, networking, resume and personal marketing, navigating obstacles in the workplace, and understanding workplace culture.
- Participate in SiP cohort events.
- Complete program reports and evaluations
Note: meetings, trainings, networking events and mentoring sessions may be in person or virtual.
Are you ready to be a Spark? Apply now for the Spring 2024 Cohort!
Please read the Program Guide Package before applying. It will take approximately 5 minutes to read. In the application, you will also need to identify which Power Projects you are most interested in. Make sure you read the qualifications and requirements for the projects.
This application will take approximately 20 – 30 minutes to complete. You do not need to provide attachments or documentation.
Questions? Reach out to [email protected]
"*" indicates required fields